Thank you to everyone who participated in our Summer 2020 Spanish course! Sign up for our newsletter to be informed of future classes.
“I learned more in ten weeks than I did in two years of Spanish in high school. The in-class exercises, pronunciation, and participation were all awesome!” – Mike
“Timely sessions. The right amount of power point slides. Friendly presentations and interactions. Well presented information. Inquiring if any questions. Time for active participation.” – Mercedes
“I liked that their was a chance for everyone to participate.” – Maritza
Spanish for Beginners Summer 2020 Course | **Registration Closed! Stay tuned for future courses**
Learn Spanish this summer! A Spanish for Beginners interactive virtual course will be offered one hour a week for ten weeks this summer. Part of our mission with San José Café is to “build bridges” between cultures and learning Spanish is a great way to do so. Please consider registering to support this project!
When: June 2nd – August 4th, 2020; Tuesdays, 7:00pm – 8:00pm EDT
Who: Anyone age 18 and up is welcome to join from any time zone! (Note: This is not a religious event – anyone from any background is welcome to register/attend).
- Generally, 30 minutes of instruction and 30 minutes of interactive activities will be offered each meeting. Students may “raise their hand” virtually with questions for clarification.
- Each meeting optional “homework” will be provided to continue practicing throughout the week. Instructor will be available for questions throughout the week via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or during class.
- More information will be sent in the Syllabus once you register, but here is a brief content overview: Week 1: Introductions & Pronunciation; Week 2: Present Tense; Week 3: Por vs. Para, Ser vs. Estar; Week 4: Pronouns & Articles; Week 5: Past Tense – Preterite; Week 6: Past Tense – Imperfect; Week 7: Future Tense; Week 8: Commands; Week 9: Subjunctive & Present Perfect Tense; Week 10: Cumulative Review
- If you are unable to attend a meeting, you may request a recording of the meeting for a suggested donation of $5.
- The course will be offered virtually for the entire summer, however for those who are local to the Newville area we may be able to offer the course in person later on – we will keep you informed.
- Thank you again for supporting the San José Café project! Please register below. After registering, you will be emailed donation instructions, the private course link, and a Syllabus for the summer by June 1st or earlier.
- By registering, I agree that:
- I am at least 18 years old.
- I understand that meetings will be recorded and shared with others who register in the course. If I do not wish to be recorded/identified, I will turn off my video camera/audio and/or use a “false name” during the live session.
- I understand all potential risks involved with participating in this course (e.g., the information stated above, health risks if in-person meetings are offered, etc.) and I release, hold harmless, save, protect, and indemnify San José Café and the Missioners of Christ (MOC) and all employees or agents associated with their organization from and against any present or future claims, damages, expenses, actions, losses or liability of whatever kind including but not limited to injury to my person, injury to my property, or injury for which I may be liable to any other person, whomsoever and whatsoever, relating in any way to my participation with MOC, arising out of or from any accident or other occurrence causing injury to any person or property caused by the negligence or other actions of MOC or any other party including the risks discussed an and assumed in this agreement.
- I have carefully read and understood all of the information provided on this page. Contact email@example.com with any questions.